On March 27th, 2021, the Malta Permanent Residence Program was introduced. This program provides non-EU foreign investors with the opportunity to obtain a valid European residency permit in a legal and timely manner. Successful applicants, along with their families, can live permanently in Malta and travel freely to all Schengen countries if certain conditions are met. To qualify for the program, investors are required to make a specified contribution to the Maltese government, a qualifying investment in the country, and a minimum donation to an approved NGO in Malta. After continuously residing in Malta for a minimum of 5 years, investors may apply for Maltese citizenship. To be eligible for the program, investors must meet the primary requirement of demonstrating that they possess assets totaling €500,000, with €150,000 in financial assets.
Which Family Members Can Be Added in the Same Malta Golden Visa Application?
When applying for a Malta Golden Visa, the following family members can be included in the same application:
Malta is a charming archipelago that boasts friendly locals, medieval castles, fossil-studded cliffs, stunning beaches, warm oceans, and a fascinating history. The official language is Maltese, and the currency is the Euro. With a total area of 316 km2, the capital of Malta is Valletta, and it is a parliamentary republic with a population of 493,559.
Malta Golden Visa Benefits
The Malta Golden Visa offers the following benefits to investors:
To qualify for the Malta Permanent Residence Program, investors are required to meet the following conditions:
The cost of the Malta Golden Visa is as follows:
• Real Estate Investment: €350,000 (€300,000 if located in Gozo or the South of Malta)
• Leasing Option: Annual rent of €12,000 (€10,000 if located in Gozo or the South of Malta)
• Administrative Fee: €40,000
• Contribution to the Government of Malta: €28,000 if purchasing a property, €58,000 if leasing or renting a property
• Donation: €2,000 to a local philanthropic, cultural, scientific, artistic, sport, or animal welfare NGO registered with the Commissioner of Voluntary Organizations
• Dependent Fees: €7,500 for each additional dependent (except for the spouse)
To qualify for the Malta Golden Visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Not be an EU/EFTA citizen
• Have no criminal record
• Have certification of good health from a reputable healthcare system
• Have capital assets of at least €500,000, out of which a minimum of €150,000 must be financial assets
• Have adequate health insurance.
Malta’s Citizenship and Passport Program provides many benefits to investors, including the country’s ranking as the second safest in the world and a top-notch healthcare system. Its educational system is also considered to be of high quality, and the climate is excellent. Fitch has rated Malta’s economy as one of the fastest-growing in the world, making it a stable and lucrative place to invest. After a minimum of five years, applicants will gain permanent resident status, which can lead to naturalization as Maltese citizens. Additionally, it is possible to become a citizen through investment in the country.
Connect with our expert team or fill out the form below for a personalized solution. We'll be in touch soon to address your needs.